Monday, August 8, 2011

Shredded chicken tacos!!!!! Yummy!

Today was one of those days I didn't feel like doing much with my dinner....not only was I trying to figure this blog stuff out all day but.....ok I was just trying to figure this out, literally ALL day, don't judge...a great dinner came out of it :) I was trying to think of a fast croc pot dinner....that could sit and cook on it's own! I remember going to a birthday party and having steak tacos that with the steak cooking in salsa and then Chopped, it was wonderful! I decided to try chicken...I mixed it with salsa, found a packet of taco seasoning that I bought on sale and decided to add cream cheese to take the spice away...for the little guy :). It turned out great, I like to add retried beans or rice as my side dish but chips and melted cheese is very tasty also and the kids like it! Here was how she became.......

What you need:
16 oz jar of salsa....whichever you prefer
4 chicken breasts...boneless
1/2 a bar of cream cheese
1 pack of tao seasoning

Pour half the jar of salsa in the croc pot, place chicken breasts on top, sprinkle taco mix on top of the chicken, top off with the rest of the salsa, and put slab of cream cheese on top!
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours! About half way through, shred chicken with fork, stir into mix and let sit another hour!

Then serve up with your choice of sides.

I also like to use the big tortilla shells, soft!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment